foodpassions

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Variations of Chiffon Cakes

This is to continue my series about chiffon cakes. My sis said why am I so obsessed with chiffon cakes. I usually advise my friends who asked me to teach them how to bake a cake. For first timers, bake simple cakes first, simple means you don't have to separate the egg yolks from white which is the toughest part when you're a neophyte baker. Underbeating egg whites will not produce a good meringue and this will make your sponge a flop, its either it will not rise or it will collapse.

Then when you became a master in chiffon making, baking will just be a lot easier, you will have more confidence and have the guts to try, experiment and do other complicated cakes. Chiffon cakes are a mark of American culinary achievement. These cakes with their characterestics airiness such as Angel, Sunshine, Chiffon which are always cooked in Tube Pans.

Half and Half Chiffon Cake

 Pink and White Marbled Chiffon Cake
Coffee Chiffon Cake

I will post the recipes later.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Definitely a good cake to start learning how to bake :) Thanks for this feature, I shall have to try my hand at it sometime.

Jerry said...

Wow the pictures look pretty good. I am looking forward to seeing the recipe posted for this :)

Feel free to drop by my blog:
http://www.simplygoodeating.com

Medifast Coupon said...

All three cakes look lovely, look forward to the recipe postings.